Eyes are probably the most sensitive part of our body. This is the reason why everyone is so conscious of their eyes. Eyes are so delicate that if you get any injury or wound nearly to your eyes, then you get a thought that -“May your eyes would not be harmed.” This thought is so normal just because eyes are the most sensitive area which could be affected easily.
Red eyes could be a result of several conditions like when someone hurts onto your eyes, when something gets into your eyes and when you have an allergy. But red itchy eyes means that you have an eye allergy because of which it gets red, itchy and swollen. In this condition, your eyes get quite bulged and red, but it also creates itchiness to the extreme.
There are several allergies which can infect the eyes and eyes get red during these conditions also. They are as follows:
- Seasonal or perennial allergic conjunctivitis
- Vernal keratoconjunctivitis
- Atopic keratoconjunctivitis
- Contact allergic conjunctivitis
- Giant papillary conjunctivitis.
Causes of Red Eyes
There are several causes of red itchy eyes which will explain how the eyes get infected:
- Air pollution
- Smoke ( cigarettes or fire-related)
- Airborne allergens(causing eye allergies)
- Airborne fumes ( gasoline, solvents)
- Dust Particles
- Chemical exposure (chlorine in swimming pools)
- Overexposure to sunlight (without UV blocking glasses).
Symptoms of Red eyes
Several signs of red itchy eyes:
- Tearing and runny eyes
- Red eyes (bloodshot eyes)
- Irritated eyes
- Burning eyes
- Soreness and pain
- Swollen eyes
Home Remedies for Red and Itchy Eyes
Red and itchy eyes are a painful condition that can restrict you from completing your daily routine activities. It is therefore imperative to find a cure for this condition. Now with the help of these natural remedies for red and itchy eyes , you can get instant relief from the pain and discomfort.
Cucumber has a soothing effect, and when placed on the eyes it offers significant relief from the pain and discomfort caused by red and itchy eyes. The process is straightforward, take a chilled cucumber, cut it into round slices and then place them on your eyes. Leave them until it gets warm. Replace them with new slices. Continue doing it for at least half an hour. Repeat 2-3 times every day for quick relief.
2. Castor Oil
Castor oil is an effective remedy for eye problems. It helps towards improved lipid production and thus inhibits evaporation of tears. Castor Oil has anti-inflammatory properties that work wonders in bringing down eye redness and swelling.
3. Cold compress
Using a cold compress is an ideal option to gain relief from the pain and discomfort caused by red and itchy eyes. Take an ice pack and place on your eyes. Leave it on for 1-2 minutes. Repeat this thrice every day.
4. Tea bags
After using tea bags, refrigerate them for 30 minutes. When they get cold, place them on your closed eyelids and remove after 10-15 minutes. Repeat this remedy two times every day and continue until the symptoms go away.
Water has a soothing effect on your eyes and lets you gain relief from the discomfort. Wash your eyes with cold water continuously for a couple of minutes. Repeat this thrice every day. It is essential to wash your eyes after an interval to get rid of red itchy eyes.
6. Cold milk
Cold milk also has a soothing effect on the red and itchy eyes. Soak a cotton ball in cold milk and place it over your eyes for a couple of minutes. When it gets warm, replace it with a new one. Continue doing this for ten minutes. When you repeat this remedy three times every day, you can quickly get relief from the irritation caused by red and itchy eyes.
Tips for relief from red and itchy eyes
In addition to the home remedies mentioned above, you can use the following tips to gain relief from this condition quickly: –
- When you are suffering from red itchy eyes problem, then you must not have any junk food which would result later as burning eyes.
- It is essential during this time to be concerned about the meal you are having during that period.
- You must have cucumber, carrot, mango, spinach and other healthy fruits and green vegetables to treat your eye problem as soon as possible.
- All products rich in vitamin D should be taken as a priority. This will help you even to decrease your pain and itchiness.
- You should wash your eyes continuously after certain interval because it will relieve you and will cool down the burn you are feeling inside your eyes.
- This pain in eyes in unbearable cause it can only be felt, but if you try to touch or rub it, then it may also turn into any kind of disease or an eye disorder.
These natural remedies for red and itchy eyes are one of the best ways to get rid of the pain and discomfort caused by red and itchy eyes. Not only do they offer quick relief from the symptoms but are also devoid of any side-effects.
Precautions should be taken as the problem in eyes can increase in the future. To be healthy and happy you should know all the prospects of this sensitive problem and even how to deal with it and cure it before it turns into a wound or injury.
Self-care is the best care, and for that, you must know the possibility of how to take care of yourself when you get stuck in these issues.
So, go through the content and then you’ll get to know that every problem is a problem until you get a solution to it. You will be getting knowledge of how to deal with this sensitive problem of the red itchy eye and even if you are suffering from it, then you will definitely find a remedy to cure and stay healthy. You can also find out how to improve your eyesight naturally and how to stop your eye from twitching.
- How To Easily Treat A Burn Blister That Has Popped
- Infographic: Natural Ways To Increase Breast Size
- 5 Potent Natural Remedies For Gum Diseases
- Top 5 Home Remedies for Treating Yellow Jacket Sting.