Taking our bath daily is something that is very important in maintaining a good personal hygiene. However, it is also essential in maintaining a healthy lifestyle. As we all know almost every bath is taken with either hot water or cold water. Whether you take a hot bath or a cold bath, be aware that your health is being affected, because they both have their separate health benefits.
Today you’ll find out something very interesting, between a cold bath or a hot bath which is healthier for you.
Health benefits of a hot bath
Taking a bath with water at a higher temperature has the following health benefits:
• The number one health benefit you get from taking a hot bath is during cold bouts. It helps in relieving cold and cough.
• A hot bath can help you sleep better (except during a hot weather). It can induce sleep and cure insomnia.
• The hotness aids in clearing nasal congestion.
• A hot bath can also kill harmful microorganisms, which makes it great for a good personal hygiene.
• And lastly taking a hot bath helps in relieving sore muscles and fatigue.
Health benefits of a cold bath
Taking a cool bath at a lower temperature has the following health benefits:
• A refreshing cold bath can help you combat depression as it helps in inducing the release of ‘feel good’ chemicals like beta endorphins.
• A cold bath can give you boost your energy level and give you added vigor. It stimulates your nerve endings to rid you of feelings if tiredness.
• It can boost your lung function tremendously.
• In men a cold bath can increase your testosterone levels and enhance your sexual drive.
Which is healthier for you?
The truth is a hot bath or a cold one are both great for a healthy life. The decision between which is healthier depends on some determining factors such as: habit, season or weather, time of the day, medical condition and age.
For those people with respiratory diseases, cold or lung problems, a hot bath is healthier for them. Additionally, people with joint pain or muscle problems should take a hot bath.
Meanwhile, for people with liver disorders and gastrointestinal problems, a cold bath is healthier for them.
Epilepsy patients should avoid both hot or cold bath, because it might trigger their seizure. Instead lukewarm water should be used.
For younger children, a hot water is good for them. But for older ones a cold bath is highly preferable.
This is very basic. During the dry season or summer a cold water bath should be taken. While, during the winter or a cold weather a hot water bath should be taken.
A student that wants study for longer periods should take a cold water bath, because it helps improves alertness. Pouring cold water on your head can also do the trick.
If you exercise habitually, then a hot bath is very much preferable, because it helps relieve sore muscles.
A person who works for long hours and hardly sleeps, should take hot water bath because they help induce sleep.
Time of the day
In the morning a cold bath is general better, in the afternoon a cold bath is also great. But in the night, a hot bath is much more recommend.
Thanks for reading. I’d love to read your comments and opinions. You can also easily share your new found knowledge by tweeting this to your friends.